Westcott Strobelite Holiday Gear Set

by on November 16, 2010

in Deals

Westcott has yet another solid holiday promotion with its 3-strobe set.  For just a smidgen under $300, you get quite a big kit:

• (3) 300Ws Strobelites
  • (2) 45″ Umbrellas
  • (1) Barn Door Set w/ 4 Gels
  • (1) 60-degree Honeycomb Grid

Heck, a pretty basic 200Ws strobe from Westcott will set you back over $200.  And they’re selling three 300Ws strobes for $300?  That’s what I call a deal.

You can find the Strobelite Holiday Gear Set at B&H Photo, Amazon and Adorama.

Note that the B&H product page currently says a “150Ws” strobe in the description, but it has the correct model number to the Holiday Gear Set (653H).  I’m shooting them an email for clarification, but they’ve also got it price $20 less than Amazon and Adorama.

UPDATE:  I just confirmed with B&H that the description was incorrect on their site and they are updating it to show that it does include (3) 300Ws strobes.

1 Tam Nguyen November 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I’ve never heard of this brand before. Could you tell me if this is worth buying?

2 Eric Reagan November 16, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Westcott is a pretty reputable brand. I know Scott Kelby is a big fan and has his name on some of their packages as a sort of personal endorsement. Obviously, this kit is much lower-end than Profoto or Elinchrom, but I have to admit that I’m tempted to shell out $300 based on what you get in the kit.

3 Dominic November 26, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Sure it’s inexpensive, but those strobes only go down to 1/4 power (75Ws). This is too powerful for normal portrait photography.

4 Marcus November 27, 2010 at 12:46 am

The set does not say if it includes any cables or not. B&H had no idea and neither did Adorama. I was told my set should ship on or around the 7th.

5 Helen Oster November 29, 2010 at 1:55 pm

The cables ARE included, and we are expecting them in, any day now!

BTW I’m only an email away if you ever need any advice, or after-sales support, with any order from Adorama: HelenO@adorama.com

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

6 Eric Reagan November 29, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Thanks for the info Helen. I just confirmed this with Westcott a little while ago too. Each strobe includes one sync cable, so that’s a total of 3 sync cables for the kit.