Think Tank Photo has announced a new reversible should strap bag called the Sling-O-Matic, which lets you configure the sling strap for carry on your left or right shoulders. The new bag comes in 3 different versions:
The Sling-O-Matic 10 can hold a pro DSLR and 3-4 lenses, which the Sling-O-Matic 20 and 30 can hold a pro DSLR and 4-6 lenses. Additionally, the Sling-O-Matic 30 has a laptop sleeve.
More details in the press release below.
Think Tank Photo Press Release
SANTA ROSA, CALIF – Think Tank Photo today announced that in October it will release the Sling-O-Matic, the photo industry’s first sling bag that can be easily switched back and forth to either shoulder. The Sling-O-Matic’s adjustable, fully padded shoulder strap “automatically” slides along a set of rails to change which shoulder the bag can be worn on.
This innovation is the solution to the problem inherent with sling bags: they are designed to be to worn over one shoulder only. With one smooth motion, the Sling-O-Matic can be quickly switched to the opposite shoulder without losing the characteristics that have made sling bags popular among photographers.
The Sling-O-Matic series offers three unique bags to choose from, depending on the photo gear a photographer needs to carry. The Sling-O-Matic 10 can carry a pro-size DSLR and three to four lenses, including a 70-200 f2.8. The Sling-O-Matic 20 and Sling-O-Matic 30 can each carry a pro-size DSLR and four to six lenses, including a 70-200 f2.8. The Sling-O-Matic 30 also features a separate laptop compartment for carrying a 15.4” laptop.
• Industry’s first sling bag that can be easily switched back and forth to either shoulder.
• Each bag fits a DSLR with up to a 70-200 f2.8 lens with lens hood in position.
• All bags are flexible to fit most pro size DSLRs with a lens attached.
• Discreetly stylized to avoid obviously appearing like a camera bag.
• Long side pocket for carrying a tripod, large water bottle, or other accessories.
• Large handles on three sides.
• Wide zippered pockets on front, back, and side.
• Business card pocket for identification.
• Removable/adjustable straps and waist belt for additional stability.
• Small storage pocket for storing removable straps.
• Fully padded compartments for protection.
• Seam-sealed rain cover included.
“However flawed their basic design, sling bags have long been a favorite among photographers, especially those who like carrying their gear on their shoulders,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo president and lead designer. “With the Sling-O-Matic we solved one of their biggest problems, which is that carrying heavy equipment solely on one shoulder can cause pain. Within just a few seconds, photographers can quickly switch the load – and the weight – from one shoulder to the other.”