HDRsoft has released a more affordable version of its popular Photomatix software. The new version is called “Photomatix Light.”
Photomatix Light 1.0 is available for $39 via instant download from HDRsoft.com. Photomatix Pro will run you $99.
Photomatix Light 1.0 is a standalone application that provides HDR tone mapping, exposure fusion and automatic alignment of hand-held photos.
Photomatix Light 1.0 Features
- HDR processing from JPEG, TIFF, PSD and RAW files
- Automatic alignment of bracketed photos
- Reading of exposure information from Exif data
- Two HDR processing methods: Exposure Fusion (for “natural” look) and Details Enhancer Tone Mapping (for more “surreal” look)
- Dialog with preview for adjusting the following settings:
Exposure Fusion: Accentuation, Blending Point, Shadows, Color Saturation, Midtones contrast
Details Enhancer: Strength, Color Saturation, Smoothing, Luminosity, Microcontrast
- HDR processed image can be saved as JPEG or 16-bit TIFF
- Color managed display
There are, of course, some limitations. Your maximum number of bracketed images per set is limited to 5. Additional features can be found in a comparison chart here.