The Kodak Easyshare Z950 is a 12-megapixel point and shoot camera, which features a 10x optical zoom lens. Additionally, the Z950 features a 3-inch LCD and HD video capture.
The Kodak Easyshare Z950 should be available in August 2009 at an initial retail price of $279.99.
Check availability on Amazon.com.
Kodak Easyshare Z950 Reviews
The Kodak EasyShare Z950 is that rarest of beasts, a beginner friendly digital camera with a budget price that nevertheless provides a fair amount of room to grow courtesy of a regular complement of manual controls and tweak-able settings.
More details in the press release below.
Kodak Easyshare Z950 Press Release
Leading the new introductions is the KODAK EASYSHARE Z950 Digital Camera, offering a 10X image stabilized Schneider-Kreuznach optical zoom lens that provides maximum versatility for avid photographers to easily handle both distant and close-up shots. It also incorporates Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture feature, which automatically adjusts focus, flash, and exposure for a great picture in virtually any setting.
“The KODAK EASYSHARE Z950 Digital Camera enables consumers to effortlessly get brilliant shot after brilliant shot,” says Phil Scott, Worldwide Director of Marketing, Digital Capture and Devices and Vice President, Consumer Digital Group. “You can capture great pictures as you move from daytime to night and from family shots to landscapes. And the Z950 delivers all this in a compact form that makes it easy to take anywhere.”
Image quality in the new camera is enhanced by a SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens with image stabilization. Scott notes that the precision optics of the lens integrate with the camera’s design and technology to deliver high resolution, minimum shading and low distortion.
“The combination of these features plus a 12 MP sensor makes the Z950 a compact digital capture powerhouse, with outstanding image quality and ease of use at an affordable price,” says Scott.
The full feature set of the new KODAK EASYSHARE Z950 Digital Camera includes:
* 12 MP sensor (for prints up to 30”x40”);
* Crisp and bright 3″ LCD;
* Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture feature, which automatically identifies the scene and adjusts camera settings for beautiful pictures in virtually any environment;
* Capture challenging action shots without delay with fast click-to-capture speed (<0.3 seconds);
* Stunning HD picture and video capture;
* Included Li-ion rechargeable batteries;
* Face detection that locates faces and automatically adjusts camera settings for great shots of friends and family;
* Advanced video features include audio capture, playback, on-camera editing, and prints from video;
* High ISO for great results in low-light and fast-action settings (up to 3200*);
* SDHC (high capacity)/SD card compatibility and 32 MB internal memory.**
The new KODAK EASYSHARE Z950 Digital Camera will retail for US$279.99 MSRP from August, 2009.