Think Tank Photo has been making great bags for photographers and getting rave review for a while now. Think Tank Photo just stepped up to the video field as well with a huge new product, the Multimedia Wired-Up Collection, which is a modular system designed with video (and audio) in mind. If you’ve been messing with cords and cables while trying to get some great video and audio material, you might want to take a closer look at the Multimedia Wired-Up Collection over on Think Tank Photo’s website.
For those of you sticking around, there’s more details below.
SANTA ROSA, CALIFORNIA, USA. – With the introductions of the Canon 5D Mark II and the Nikon D90, and with the line blurring between still and video/audio imaging, photographers and videographers are increasingly required to be experts in multimedia. A “Multimedia DSLR” is defined as a DSLR that has the ability to take still photos, video, and audio required to create a multimedia presentation. To aid them in carrying their imaging and audio gear comfortably and accessing it quickly, Think Tank Photo has launched an entirely new concept and industry first in carrying equipment, The Multimedia Wired Up Collection.
After months of interviews with specialists who are at the forefront of this new movement in imaging, it became evident that one of the biggest challenges was managing the numerous cords and cables that need to be “wired up” between the various devices. Think Tank Photo thus created a system of “cable ports” or holes in the sides and bottom of the bags that allows the devices to be connected together and managed to minimize exposed wires and cables.
The products include:
• Multimedia Wired Up 10 and 20 –These belt systems work with the Canon 5D Mark II, Nikon D90, and other DSLR’s, with a 24-70mm attached in the Wired Up 10, or with a 70-200mm standing vertically without the body attached in the Wired Up 20, and extra lenses, or audio and video devices. They include cable ports, an audio recorder front pocket that fits up to a Marantz 660 audio recording device, and side pockets for microphones. These belt packs have numerous “cable ports” that allow various devices to be wired up internally in the bag, or to other bags that can be attached to the side rails. They also feature a new concept called “Mic Hands,” located on the both sides of the bag, that allow the mic to be mounted on the side of the bag while facing forward on a level plane, for hands free recording. A “headphone hook” is also included to allow full size headphones to be attached and detached on the waist belt, and also an attachment method for monopods or boom poles.
• Wired Up Mic Drop In — The Multimedia Mic Drop In modular component holds a microphone so that it can be immediately removed to record sound, while effectively managing the cable. It features a “pop down” mechanism which extends the length of the bag up to 16” long for shot gun mics. This is an essential tool for anyone using a microphone with an external audio recording device.
• Wired Up Recorder — The Multimedia Recorder modular case is an audio recorder case developed to hold a small audio recorder, like the Edirol R-09HR and Zoom H2. Its “Full-View” design with the magnetic “Quick Tab” feature allows for hands free viewing of the audio levels with a quick pull of the tab.
• Wired Up Big Audio – This audio recorder case holds larger mobile audio recorders, such as the Marantz 660. It also features the Full-View design with the “Quick Tab” feature.
• Wired Up Wireless Mic Kit — This modular case is designed for carrying multiple wireless mic sets, such as the Sennheiser wireless kits with a lapel clip on lavalier microphone. It can also be used for a wireless setup with a small audio recording device.
“We started Think Tank Photo with one intention: to create carrying solutions that exactly fit the ways imaging specialists actually shoot,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s president and lead designer. “Pro photographers are increasingly being asked to capture still images, video, and audio, and transform the content into a multimedia presentation. Many of these imaging specialists are now using Multimedia DSLR’s like the Canon 5D Mark II or the Nikon D90, since they can take still photos, video, and audio. This creates serious challenges with managing cords and cables, and organizing their photo and audio gear. The Multimedia Wired Up
Collection is specifically designed to create an integrated portable carrying system they need to streamline their shooting process.”
About Think Tank Photo
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, USA Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs.
Multimedia Wired Up™ 20
Weight: 3.6 lbs. (max) 2.2 lbs. (min
Interior: 11.5”W x 9.5”H x 4 to 5”D (29.5 x 24 x 10 to 13 cm)
Exterior: 12”W x 10.25”H x 6.5”D (30.5 x 26 x 16.5 cm)
Multimedia Wired Up™ 10
Weight: 3.2 lbs. (max) 2 lbs. (min
Interior: 11.5”W x 8”H x 4 to 5”D (29.5 x 20.5 x 10 to 13 cm)
Exterior: 12”W x 8.75”H x 6.5”D (30.5 x 22 x 16.5 cm)
Multimedia Audio Recorder
Weight: 6.5 oz.
Interior: 4”W x 6.75”H x 1.75”D (10 x 17 x 4.5 cm)
Exterior: 4.25”W x 7”H x 2”D (11 x 18 x 5 cm)
Multimedia Audio Bag
Weight: 11 oz.
Interior: 6.75”W x 9.5”H x 1.75”D (17 x 24 x 4.5 cm)
Exterior: 7”W x 9.75”H x 2”D (18 x 24.8 x 5 cm)
Multimedia Wireless Mic Kit
Weight: 10.25 oz.
Interior: 6.75”W x 6.5”H x 3”D (17 x 16.5 x 7.5 cm)
Exterior: 7”W x 6.75”H x 3.25”D (18 x 17.3 x 8 cm)
Multimedia Mic Drop In
Weight: 5.75 oz.
Interior: No Padding
Exterior: 4.25”W x 8.5-11.75”H x 4.25”D (10.5 x 21.5-30 x 10.5 cm)