[UPDATE: Leaks suggest that the camera will almost certainly be called the Pentax K-7. Time will tell. Stay tuned for the launch on May 20.]
The Pentax K7D . . . that’s apparently what it’s called. Word is, based on the ad spot above, that the Pentax K7D will be coming May 21, 2009. The K7D name originates from a German forum user, who claims to be a Pentax dealer based on his forum signature. Of course this could a ruse to get some traffic to his site, which I won’t link to here. The price tag being tossed around is €1500.
Also in the mix is the release of the Pentax DA 60-250mm around April 24th.
Rumored specs for the Pentax K7D are also popping upon around the Interwebs. Here’s a rumored list from pentaxforums.com:
- Square sensor? 1.3 crop factor.
- A new, overhauled, excellent AF system
- At least 5fps
- 1.0x viewfinder
- 720p video with audio
- 1/8000 shutter
- 2.7 or 3.0 inch VGA res screen
A second set of specs popped up on 43rumors.com:
- Same sensor as the K20D
- Up to 6400 ISO with better noise treatment
- 5 images/sec
- 100 % viewfinder
- Better weatherproofing
- Mirror lockup
- Liveview and HD Video
- Better stabilizer .
- Better DRE mode
- 77 zones light metering
- Much better AF system even with non-SDM lenses
- 3 inches/ 920 000 pixels screen with in-body editing (crop…)
- 1/8000 shutter with 1/250 sync