Think Tank Photo has updated its Pixel Sunscreen by redesigning it so that it pops open for easier access. If you aren’t familiar with the Pixel Sunscreen, it works as a shade for your laptop so that you can see your screen while in the field without all the glare from the sun.
The new Pixel Sunscreen 2.0 is available for $69.00 at Think Tank Photo’s website. Additionally, the Pixel Sunscreen 2.0 is one of the items that Photography Bay readers can purchase and qualify for a free bag from Think Tank Photo. Essentially, spend $50 or more on gear from Think Tank Photo, and during checkout, their system will automatically let you select a free camera bag (e.g., Lens Changer 50) along with your order. Go to Think Tank Photo using this link and follow the on-screen instructions to get a free bag.
More details on the Pixel Sunscreen 2.0 in Think Tank Photo’s press release below.
Santa Rosa, Calif. – Processing and transmitting photographs from remote locations can be hard enough without having to fight the sun, wind, and other natural elements. Think Tank Photo has solved this problem with the Pixel Sunscreen 2.0, a small, portable spring-loaded sunscreen that instantly pops open for quick access. This completely redesigned and reengineered version of Think Tank’s classic sunscreen is the result of feedback from scores of professional photographers and many months of research and development.
In listening to photographers Think Tank learned what was essential to them in a sunscreen:
- Portability – Pixel Sunscreen 2.0 folds down into a small, round, portable package that is easy to transport and instantaneous to deploy.
- Darker is better – Users can see their laptop screens in even the brightest sunlight. The overhead cover can be pulled over the sunscreen and the photographer for extra protection in extreme sunlight.
- Stand up to the wind – For extra protection in severe wind conditions, the front can be secured down.
- No slipping and sliding – In extreme conditions, especially, photographers need to know that their laptop, sunscreen, and other gear are safely secured on their laps. The Pixel Sunscreen 2.0 provides this extra security through the application of non-slip material on the outside and inside.
- An uncluttered workspace – Openings for cords and cables in the side and back route them away from the laptop, allowing laptops to sit even deeper within the shaded area. Pockets on the inside hold pens, pencils, and other accessories. It also has a movable clip for hanging printed information.
“Think Tank Photo was founded on the simple principle that photographers know best what they need,” said company founder and CEO Doug Murdoch. “In essence, photographers are our marketing directors, for they provide the core information our designers integrate when conceptualizing new products and product enhancements.
“This new version of our sunscreen-which has probably been 95% redesigned-is a classic example of how seriously we take their input. While we had no complaints about the first version, we knew that it wasn’t yet fully optimized for what really happens in the field. With Version 2.0 photographers will find it even easier to process their photographs.”
External Dimensions When Folded Flat:
14″ Round Diameter x 1″ (35.5 x 2.5 cm)
External Dimensions When Set Up
14.5″ W x 22″ H x 19.5″ D (37 x 56 x 49.5 cm)
1.2 lbs (.54 kg)