Nikon D3x Available

by on December 20, 2008

in Nikon

The Nikon D3x is now available in the US.

Here are several online retailer links for the Nikon D3X:

Calumet

Amazon

Adorama

Ritz Camera

Wolf Camera

Camera World

Stay tuned to Photography Bay’s Nikon D3X Reviews and Resources for the latest.

1 Peter December 20, 2008 at 12:58 pm

The price being asked for this camera is an insult to consumers, particularly given the presence of cameras like the 5DMkII and the A900.

2 Albert December 20, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Then just go for either the 5dMkII or the A900, Peter.

3 Peter December 20, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Have done, thank you Albert.

But having done so, doesn’t change the fact this thing is grossly overpriced. Very noble of you to “stick up” for your employer.

4 Albert December 21, 2008 at 5:43 pm

Peter, what exactly is “grossly overpriced”?

Also, I didn’t know I even had an employer! Thanks for shedding light on my identity, I was searching for it for so long. Now I am complete, once again.

Seriously, I’m merely stating what I believe is the obvious; if you can’t afford it, go for something you can, or instead make it become affordable. If the Arctic isn’t your thing, there’s always Barbados, that or stay and work on… melting the ice caps. Get my drift?

You already seem to have found your way in any case, you switched. So who cares if the D3x is launched at 8000$ or 80000$ at this point? In comparison, a professional studio rental costs around 7000-10000$ a MONTH in a niche location, here in my city. 8000$ for a professional tool that will help you recover its cost and then some after a few contracts isn’t so bad in my opinion, specially with the kind of quality I’ve seen it generate in the right hands.

All the best.

5 Albert December 21, 2008 at 6:25 pm

I also believe Canon’s top of the line, the 1ds Mk3 started at 8000US$ in its beginnings. It’s now priced at 6500$ on Adorama.com

6 Roderick December 22, 2008 at 10:58 am

Albert – what a bunch of BS. You talk a mile w/o answering a thing. The time is right for you to repent and return to film.

Please do so now, then you won’t have to spend your time trolling websites – you can be taking pictures as you purport to be “a pro”.

Repent and return to film

7 Doug December 22, 2008 at 11:01 am

I wonder if this is the same Albert trolling around audio shows telling the manufacturers how to set up their systems?? PFO?? Go figure…he’s got a word for everyone.

8 Zablit December 22, 2008 at 5:33 pm

What kind of BS are you referring to exactly Rod? Advising someone to adapt or leave, or the 1ds Mk3 launch price?