Canon U.S.A. has announced that it will be launching a new Canon Professional Services (CPS) program beginning in the first quarter of 2009. The new CPS program requires existing members to reapply. There will be three levels of service available to qualifying photographers. The existing program required photographers to own at least 2 pro bodies and 3 L lenses. The CPS program is not accepting additional applications until the new program launches.
Here’s the rundown on the member ship level prices and services:
CPS Silver Level
- free-of-charge to qualifying photographers
- welcome kit
- access to the CPS phone hotline
- 20 percent discount on repairs.
CPS Gold Level
- access to loan equipment for a two-week trial period
- expedited three-day turnaround on service items.
- 30 percent service discount
- two free Check & Clean vouchers
- annual fee of $100
CPS Platinum Level
- priority access to loan equipment for two-week trial periods
- 60 percent discount on repairs
- expedited two-day turnaround on equipment service
- backup equipment loans if service is longer than two days
- annual fee of $500
You can learn more about the CPS program at the official site: www.canon-europe.com/cpn.