Circuit City is a day early on their pre-order page for the new Nikon D90; however, they’ve got all the goods up and ready to go.
The almost-official specs are what we all expected:
- 12.3-megapixel CMOS sensor: This Nikon D90 camera body features a DX-format CMOS image sensor that provides the highest level of performance. Its integrated A/D converter enables selection between 12-bit and 14-bit conversions. The sensor design supports the broad light sensitivity range of ISO 200 to ISO 3200, and features refined high-ISO noise reduction.
- 3.0″ LCD monitor: A high-resolution, super-density, 920,000-dot LCD monitor makes critical image review possible. This monitor also allows ultra-wide, 170-degree viewing in all directions.
- Live view: You’ll also have a live preview of your subject, giving you point-and-shoot feel with the quality of a DSLR.
- 11-area AF: The sensor module offers an 11-area AF that ensures consistently fast and precise focus lock under varying shooting conditions. The wide area AF system gives greater compositional freedom when shooting sports and action.
- 4.5fps continuous shooting: Capture fast action and fleeting expressions. The D90 can shoot up to 4.5 frames per second.
- Scene Recognition System: This system recognizes subject and scene conditions prior to capturing the shot. Enjoy improved subject tracking and subject identification for rapid and accurate focus area selection. Highlight analysis optimizes auto exposure by providing more accurate control. Light source inference studies both subject and pattern to achieve optimal white balance.
- HD movie mode: Capture your surroundings in cinematic quality. The D90 features the D-Movie mode, which shoots HD movie with sound at 24fps.
- D-Lighting enhancement: This technology compensates for underexposed images or insufficient flash by automatically adding light and detail to selected shots where needed, without affecting properly exposed areas.
- In-camera editing menu: The in-camera editing features include Nikon D-lighting (that adds light and detail to selected shots only where needed), red-eye correction, image trimming, image overlay, monochrome black and white, sepia and cyanotype along with skylight, warm tone and custom color filter effects.
- Lens included: You’ll be ready to go in no time with the included 5.8x AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens.
Stay tuned to Photography Bay’s Nikon D90 coverage. The official Nikon D90 announcement should be here tomorrow.