Valhalla, NY, August 12, 2008 – FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. today announced the first model in its digital camera line-up to offer full High-Definition compatibility — the FinePix S2000HD.
Sporting a 10-MegaPixel 1/2.3″ CCD, a powerful 15x wide-angle optical zoom (27.6mm-414mm equivalent) and an extra large 2.7″ wide-view LCD, the FinePix S2000HD is perfect for advanced amateur photographers who want an affordable, step-up digital camera that will still fit in the palm of their hand.
With the ability to capture still pictures in 10-MegaPixel resolution, and movies in HD quality 1280x720pixels, in a true widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, the S2000HD will change the way people think about digital photography. The S2000HD, via a new signal processor, converts still images and movies in-camera into a HDTV signal output compatible with 1080i (interlaced) for still and 720p (progressive) for movies thus allowing the user to realize the full benefits of their home theater system for sharing all their special moments. An HDTV set is needed to display high-resolution images at their best, but images captured in the 4:3 aspect ratio of regular digital cameras become distorted when forced into the 16:9 ratio of an HDTV monitor. The FinePix S2000HD avoids this problem by being able to capture images in a 16:9 format, enabling distortion-free, full screen playback for the sharpest, clearest display possible. Combine this with Fujifilm’s optional HD Accessory Kit, including wireless remote control that works with the shooting mode, and you maximize your HD experience.
Dual Image Stabilization
Dual Image Stabilization is a marriage of mechanical sensor shift stabilization, to steady the photographer’s hand, with Fujifilm’s Picture Stabilization Technology, which uses fast shutter speeds and ISO levels of up to ISO1600 at full resolution, or ISO6400 (at 5MP) for total anti-blur protection. As a result, an increase in clarity and sharpness is achieved, even in low light conditions.
Fujifilm’s new FinePix S2000HD also offers the following useful features:
- Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal: Face Detection operates by identifying and prioritizing up to 10 faces in a framed scene, and then adjusting the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure true, natural colors and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. After a shot is captured each detected face is instantly checked for red eye; if it is found, it is corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
- Manual Photographic Control: Photo enthusiasts and advanced photographers have total control with manual adjustment options for various camera settings including resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed and more.
- High Speed Continuous Shooting:It’s OK to break the speed limit with high speed continuous shooting of up to 6.8fps (at 5MP) or 13.5fps (at 3MP) for 33 continuous frames..
- One-Touch ‘Instant Zoom’: The FinePix S2000HD features a new ‘instant Zoom’ one-touch that digitally adds 1.4x or 2.0x, and can convert from landscape to portrait orientation without having to turn the camera, to your digital zoom with one touch control..
- Zoom Bracketing: Another new feature that captures 3 shots automatically with one touch of the shutter at standard zoom, and with 1.4x and 2.0x digital multipliers. Combined with Face Detection, your subjects are automatically centered and red-eye corrected.
- 13 Pre-programmed Scene Modes: The FinePix S2000HD features 13 pre-programmed scene modes, plus 11 shooting modes on the mode dial, that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait, Sport, Landscape and Sunset to name a few.
- SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: The FinePix S2000HD utilizes Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards.
- Operates on 4xAA Batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility, using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries are just moments away. Power consumption is minimized allowing you to get 300 shots from Alkaline batteries, 400 shots with NiMH Rechargeable batteries and up to 650 shots using Lithium batteries.
“With the rapidly increasing adoption of HDTV, consumers have changed how they use their digital photographs and movies. Fujifilm’s superior image quality of the S2000HD enables the user to capture still images and shoot video in true HD and realize the benefit of superior image quality with their home entertainment system,” said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. “With the FinePix S2000HD, users are not only getting an affordable, long zoom digital camera with a powerful feature set but also the ability to realize the full benefits of their home theatre system.”
The FinePix S2000HD will debut in September 2008 at a retail price of $299.95.