Sony has released a firmware update (version 3) for the A700, which provides the following updates:
Benefits over firmware version 2:
- Resolves an issue where the Access Lamp remains lit and the camera stops responding when several pictures are taken in rapid succession.
- Resolves an issue where powering the camera off while in “MR” mode may cause some registered settings to carry over to other shooting modes.
Additional benefits over other firmware versions:
- Sharper images for pictures taken under low contrast conditions
- Reduced noise for pictures taken at ISO 3200
- Improved flash control for objects closer than 1 meter with non ADI controlled lenses
You can download the update here.
[tags]sony, a700, firmware, version 3[/tags]