Sigma has announced a new version of the popular 50-150mm f/2.8 HSM lens. This large aperture telephoto zoom lens is designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras with APS-C size sensors and its compact, lightweight body provides freedom of movement and versatility.
- Compact, lightweight, large aperture telephoto zoom lens
- SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements and the super multi layer lens coating assured high image throughout the entire zoom range
- The new lens design ensures high image quality at the minimum focusing distance of 100cm/39.4 in.
- Equipped with HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) with full-time manual focus override
- Compatible with Sigma 1.4x EX DG and 2x EX DG APO Tele-Converters
The minimum focusing distance of 100cm/39.4in. and the high-resolution power layout have improved the strength of the lens in close-up photography. This lens offers a large aperture of F2.8 and its large depth of field offers greater freedom of creative expression. It has a maximum aperture of F2.8. Four SLD glass elements are used for maximum correction of chromatic aberrations. The super multi-layer lens coating reduce flare and ghosting and ensure sharp images throughout the entire zoom range.
The lens design incorporates an inner focusing and inner zooming system. As the overall length of the lens does not change during focusing and zooming, convenient handling is ensured. The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) system allows quiet and high-speed auto focusing with full time manual focus override by just rotating the focusing ring.
The addition of the optional 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO Tele Converters produce a 70-210mm F4 AF tele-zoom lens and a 100-300mm F5.6 AF ultra-telephoto zoom lens respectively.
[tags]sigma, 50-150, lens, new, announcement, hsm[/tags]