If you haven’t heard of Zooomr (that’s not a typo – 3 O’s), it’s high time that you did. Flickr’s cool and all, but Zooomr picks up where Flickr leaves you hanging and then shifts gears into overdrive. And it’s still beta!
So what makes Zooomr so hot? Here’s 5 great features that will get you hooked:
1. No upload/bandwidth limit. This is a biggie! I’m so tired of downsizing my photos for flickr so I don’t exceed my upload bandwidth. Also, flickr limits the number of photos you can have in your photoset, unless you have a “pro” account, which brings me to the second great feature.
2. It’s free. That’s right, there’s no limit to your upload or bandwidth usage AND it’s free. There are some bells and whistles that you can get for an extra fee (hey, they’ve gotta make a buck or two somehow).
3. Social media meets photo sharing. I’m not a real pro at social media, but some of you social butterflies out there will really dig (no pun intended) the Zipline feature incorporated into every user’s account. Basically, Zipline allows you to keep in touch with what your contacts are doing, as they’re doing it.
4. SmartSets are cool and easy. “Rather than relying on manual set building, SmartSets allows you to use advance filters to create dynamic sets. You can organize SmartSets by many different criteria. To start with you will determine what kind of SmartSet you want to build. Criteria that can be used includes labels (i.e. tags), views, GeoTags, PeopleTags, Date Taken, Date Uploaded. The most common type of SmartSet is done by tag.” Tags is the way I do it. I was blown away by the simplicity of SmartSets the first time I created one.
5. Upload is smooth and simple – even for large batches. The uploading interface on Zooomr is gravy smooth. The interface is as intuitive as a Mac and you get great and simple visual feedback on your uploads, file by file.
Did I miss anything? Sure I did. The crew over at Zooomr have great things in store for its users. I’ve only touched on the tip of the iceberg. If I’ve piqued your interest, then head on over and check it out now . . . it’s free. After you’ve signed up, feel free to add me as a contact.
I’ll see you in my Zipline. ;)
[tags]zooomr, photo, sharing, pics, flickr, features, review[/tags]