Is this for real?
There are a couple more pictures here.
It showed up in a Thai-based Nikon forum yesterday. Anyone care to translate the forum postings and tell me what it says?
The specs read as follows:
- VR III system offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed 5.5 stops faster (when used with compatible camera bodies incorporated with Nikon’s O.B. VR technology), or 4 stops faster when used with conventional camera bodies
- Two VR Modes: Normal mode or Active Mode for when taking pictures with extreme movement
- Automatically detects when photographer is panning and compensates
- 5 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements minimizes chromatic aberration and provides higher resolution and superior contrast
- Lightweight Magnesium die-cast construction (approx. 5.2lbs) with tripod mounting foot
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and great body balance
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor enables ultra-high speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction and minimizes ghost and flare
- Rounded diaphragm (9 blades) for natural blur
- New tripod mounting foot design, compatible with Arca style quick-release system
- Compatible with Nikon TC-14E, TC-17E II, and TC-20E II Teleconverters, AF operation only with TC14E II
Seems a little too good to be true and some of the grammar seems a little too broken for such an official looking Nikon ad/press sheet. It certainly got me excited though. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. The rumors sure do seem to be picking up here lately. The Nikon 50 f/1.2 has been getting some buzz of late too.
[tags]nikon, 100-500, af-s, ed-if, VRIII, VR-III, 50, f/1.2, 1.2, rumors, news, lens, lenses[/tags]