Continuing the great line of super-zoom point and shoot cameras, Canon has announced the S5 IS (what happened to the S4 IS?).
Amstelveen, The Netherlands, 07 May, 2007: Canon today announces the launch of the 12x optical zoom, 8.0 Megapixel PowerShot S5 IS. The new compact inherits optical Image Stabilizer (IS) technology, professional-grade optics and extensive movie functions while introducing a host of new features designed to increase the photographer’s success rate.
Powered by Canon’s DIGIC III image processor, Face Detection Technology improves focus, exposure and flash output for people shots while the new Red-Eye Correction feature effectively solves red-eye problems in captured photos. An increased sensitivity range of ISO 80-1600 complements the optical IS system for extended low light performance.
Other key advancements include a larger, higher resolution 2.5” vari-angle LCD, additional shooting modes and extended video recording. The compact design incorporates a new hot shoe that provides compatibility with selected Canon EX Speedlite external flashes, adding to an accessory list that includes Wide, Tele and Close-up converter lenses.
Features at a glance:
- 12x optical zoom lens with Ultrasonic Motor (USM) and UD lens
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- 8.0 Megapixel CCD
- DIGIC III with advanced Noise Reduction technology and Face Detection for stills and movies
- Red-Eye Correction in playback
- 2.5” high-resolution vari-angle LCD
- Long-play VGA movies with stereo sound and Photo in Movie
- 22 shooting modes including full manual control and 0cm Super Macro
- High ISO 1600 and Auto ISO Shift
- Compatible with Wide/Tele/Close-up converter lenses and Canon EX Speedlite flashes
For more information download the full press release
[tags]canon, s3 is, s4 is, s5 is, news, announcement, review, features, 12x, macro, tele, super, zoom[/tags]